Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Summer's My Enemy

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Truth Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    So many years before, Summers have brought me
    Good times, freedom, and so much more
    But I just can't seem to explain
    Why this summer just won't be the same

    Summer's come, and I'll take our 3 month absence
    Hoping it all will soon make sense
    Passing the time, will be a large difficulty
    Cuz you're not here with me
    To create another lasting memory

    Summer's here, and he's my enemy
    Cuz he's come to take you away from me

    I listen to the summer breeze call your name
    Without you right here by my side, so many things just aren't the same
    I'm sitting here patiently, waiting for when
    I can see you again

    You've left me here, staring at your picture on the wall
    Waiting for the fall
    On that first day
    When I can hear you say
    Those special words, and make everything ok

    Summer's here, and he's my enemy
    Cuz he's come to take you away from me

    ~~Truth 187~~

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner parch's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2001
    Posts
    453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the rhyming took away from what i thought you could do w/ this

    that's my thoughts.

    the rhymes seemed forced and in those instances it may be best to not rhyme or to work harder on rhymes that serve the purpose of the poem....maybe revise the rhyme scheme or revise lines of rhyme that don't go w/ the poem's drive.

    ___---parch

  3. #3
    Inactive Member machinery's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2001
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yea, never been much for the rhyming....i always thought it limited me in my work...hey, but whatever your head and heart tells ya........


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •